The Mediterranean Diet - Mediterranean Vegetable Couscous
Mediterranean Vegetable Couscous
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
This recipe I put together myself using common Mediterranean vegetables. I experiment with food like this one a daily basis. I hope you you enjoy it as much as I do!
For four servings (cost per serving: £0.75)
Aubergines – 1
Couscous – 4 Tablespoons
Red Peppers – 1
Tomatoes – 2
Butter Beans – 1 Small Tin
Red Onion – 1
Courgette – 1
Olive oil – 2 Tablespoons
Oregano – 1 Teaspoon
Basil - 1 Teaspoon
Smoked paprika – 1/2 Teaspoon
Vegan Stock – 1
Garlic Cloves – 2
Fresh parsley – Handful
Hummus - 1 Spoon (Optional)
1) Boil water, add the stock to the couscous and pour boiling water to cover the couscous, let it soak until it is fluffy.
2) Chop the onion, peppers, tomatoes, aubergine, courgette, garlic and parsley. Ensure all pepper seeds are removed and the thicker parsley stalks.
3) Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic for three minutes in the pan, adding splashes of water if necessary to stop burning. Add all the herbs here.
4) Once they start to soften, add the peppers, aubergine, courgette and butter beans. Cook for another ten minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and soft.
5) Mix in the couscous, tomatoes and parsley, cooking for a further minute.
6) Remove from the heat and serve, add a spoonful of hummus to the side, sweet chilli or roasted red pepper flavour.
of which sugars: 11.8g
Dont forget to tag me in pictures on instagram! @lottiemarie95 :)