Thai Red Lentil Curry
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Rice Noodles – 2 Nests
Thai Red Curry Paste – 1 Pack (Check for fish, the paste used in this recipe serves 2 but was still flavourful and slightly spicy in a dish for 4-6)
Coconut Milk/Cream – 1 Tin/Pack
Red Lentils – 200 Grams
Tofu – 1 Packet Marinated or Fresh (Personal Choice)
Pak Choi – 1 Head
Orange Pepper – 1 Medium
Yellow Pepper – 1 Medium
Garlic – 4 Cloves
Hot Chilli Pepper – 1 Medium Red
Ginger – 1 Thumb
Spring Onion – Bunch
1) Begin by cooking the red lentils. To do this, place in a small pan, cover with boiling water and allow to simmer, stirring frequently (or according to package instructions).
2) Next, chop the peppers, garlic, chilli pepper, ginger and spring onion (and tofu if using fresh). Place all in a pan on medium heat with 1 tablespoon full of olive oil, allow to soften.
3) Once the lentils are ready, add them to the pan. Also add the coconut milk, red curry paste, rice noodles and a splash of hot water.
4) Lastly chop the pak choi as shown and add to the pan. (If using marinated tofu, add at this stage).
5) Allow food to soften and reduce slightly for a further five minutes and serve, allowing to cool.
of which sugars: 4.6g
High in: Vitamin C
Tag me in pictures of your creations on facebook and instagram! @lottiemarie95 :)