Spicy Mushroom Bao Buns
Serves: 2-6 (small meal or side)
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Bao Buns - 1 Pack (Marks and Spencers)
Mushrooms - 6 Medium
Spring Onion - 3-4
Garlic - 2 Cloves
Fruit (or maple) Syrup - 1 Tablespoon
Paprika - 1/4 Teaspoon
Onion Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
Coriander - Handful
Red Chilli - 1 Small (optional - can be very spicy)
Edamame - 1 Packet (for the side)
1) Chop the mushrooms and begin frying them in a pan with one tablespoon of olive oil. Add water if necessary to prevent sticking to the pan.
2) Chop the garlic and red chilli and add to the pan.
3) Add all the spices and the maple syrup to the pan, stirring well.
4) Chop the coriander and heat the bar buns for one minute as per package instructions.
5) Remove the mushrooms from the heat and place a spoonful into each bun. Add the coriander to taste and serve with the edamame on the side.
(calculated per bun)
of which sugars: 3g
Tag me in pictures of your creations on facebook and instagram! @lottiemarie95 :)