Mini Courgette Steaks, Asparagus and Falafel Bites
Serves: 4 (cost per serving: £2.25)
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Sweet Potato – 1 Large
Asparagus Tips – 1 Package
Courgette – 2 Small
Red Pepper – 1 Small
Falafel – 1 Pack (12 Pieces)
Plant Based Milk – ¼ Cup
Spinach – ¼ Bag
Rocket – ¼ Bag
Cucumber – ½ Piece
Tomato – 1 Large
Olives – Handful
Hummus – 4 Tablespoons
Garlic Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Smoked Paprika – ½ Teaspoon
Mixed Herbs – ½ Teaspoon
Olive Oil – 3 Tablespoons
1) Prepare the oven to 180 and heat a pan of water on the stove at medium heat.
2) Cut the ends off the asparagus tips and place them on a baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder. Rub this in and place on the middle shelf in the over and set the timer for 25 minutes. Taking care to turn halfway.
3) Next, peel and roughly chop the sweet potato. Place in the pan of water and leave to simmer, covered with a lid.
4) Now prepare the courgette, cut into slices approximately 1cm thick as shown in the picture. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large based pan and place the courgette pieces in the pan. Sprinkle over the garlic powder, smoked paprika and mixed herbs.
5) Whilst beginning to cook, prepare the salad. Cut the red pepper, tomato, olives and cucumber. Mix together with the spinach and rocket.
6) Keep turning the courgette steaks, spreading the flavouring and ensuring they don’t burn.
7) By this time, the sweet potato should be ready, add the plant based milk and mash with a fork. Remove the asparagus from the oven.
8) Serve all together on a plate with a tablespoon of hummus and falafels. If preferred, the falafels can be heated per package instructions.
of which sugars: 8.5g
Omega-3 and Omega-6
Tag me in pictures of your creations on facebook and instagram! @lottiemarie95 :)